We now live in a generation where technology is the sidekick of every human being. You will not see anyone walking without a smartphone on their hand or a laptop in their bags.
It is one of the mandatory things that one must have in order for them to be updated on what’s happening with the world.
Because of this, digital marketing became a powerful platform to advertise your name, your brand, or a company. Every time that there is a new technology, the capabilities of digital marketing will only get stronger and better.
Another reason why digital marketing is so powerful is because of the innovation of the internet. Almost 85% of the people living in this world go online and are still increasing each year.
So if you are going to advertise your brand, or you just want to connect with people who share the same interest, there is no better way than digital marketing.
Everything You Need to Know About Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a modern type of advertising. Whether it be for your name, brand, or company. It uses all sorts of electronic devices such as television, radio, computer, cellphone, or laptop. It also uses the world wide web, search engines in particular.
This way they can connect more to those they want to reach. It is the perfect way to get in touch with the people who share the same interest. Because of this, the results of your marketing strategy will be a lot more fast and accurate than any old marketing strategies such as billboards, newspapers, and more.
Why is digital marketing important?
Traditional marketing is still here with us. Although it is a little outdated and it will never keep up with digital marketing. Do you remember the time when you are just a kid and you will often look outside the windows of your car and you will see billboards as you pass by?
Nowadays, people would rather mind their personal gadgets. They will just browse the internet, watch videos on social media, and listen to some music on their phones. They would not notice the small billboards anymore.
This is why in this generation, digital marketing is very important. As mentioned earlier it is the fastest way to get results when you are doing a marketing strategy. You will reach more people if you utilize the different platforms of digital marketing rather than printing it for newspapers and billboards.
How to get started in digital marketing?
If you are not using digital marketing as your medium, you should really consider starting immediately. While you are thinking of this, your competitor might be a mile ahead of you in the race.
You have to accept this one fact about digital marketing: it is not stable. What I mean about not being stable is that it always advances one step forward or sometimes a leap. Everything changes in digital marketing due to the modernization and upgrade of technologies around us.
In order to stay in the digital marketing game, you must be always ready for the changes that will happen in the future. You must sink this in your mind that digital marketing will always change no matter what.
Now, if you are going to start in digital marketing, you must first be familiar with how marketing works. After that, you have to learn the different platforms that you can use. There are a lot of digital marketing platforms to choose from. Radio, TV ads, smartphones, social media, and email.
Once you know the different digital marketing platforms, the next thing you have to do to start is to come up with a plan. What contents you are going to use, it can either be videos, blogs, commentary, and search engine tools.
Different types of digital marketing
Digital marketing is very broad, so you really have to put an effort when using it. One mistake in this platform and it’s either you go down or you rise up.
So what are the different types of digital?
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – there are two types of available options when it comes to search engine marketing. They are Pay Per Click (PPC) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The main goal of this type of digital marketing is to gain traffic through search engines like Yahoo, Google, or Bing. This will be made possible through the use of Keywords. Now if your keywords are ranking let’s say in Google when people search a certain content or related, your content is the ones that will show first in the list of searches.
What are the keywords? Keywords are the essential words that you need to put in your content. They can be specific or anything that is related to your business.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – This branch of search engine marketing is the one responsible for giving you rankings in Google, Yahoo, and Bing. If you are using a website in your business this type of digital marketing is very useful.
But in order for it to work, you must do thorough keyword research so you know that keywords are trending in the search engines.
After that, you must create a content using the keywords that you have researched, when done it’s now up to the link builders to do their thing.
In this kind of marketing, the result will take 3-6 months before it can be ranked in different platforms.
If you are not familiar with SEO, you can take a class on the internet or go to an SEO agency and hire someone who will do all the marketing work for you.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – This is almost the same as SEO, the only difference is that in this kind of marketing you pay the platforms to boost and advertise your brand name. Google, Yahoo, and Bing are some of the available sites that offer paid advertising.
The price for each advertisement is based on Cost Per Click (CPC). it is determined on how many clicks you will get for a certain period of time.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – How many people do you think to have a Facebook account? Twitter? Instagram? 90% of the population have their own social media accounts.
This is one of the most effective strategies in the digital marketing world. However, you must determine the right platform for your business. In Facebook and Twitter, any business can be catered. But if you want something more professional, you can choose LinkedIn.
If your business has a visual characteristic, then the most effective social media marketing for you is Instagram.
On Facebook, you can reach your targeted audience efficiently because it has a feature where it will collect data such as the nature of your business, likes, and everything that is relevant to what you are trying to sell.
When using this strategy, you should maintain the visibility of your page, be sure to post quality content every now and then so you can be in touch with your followers.
- Content marketing – This kind of strategy is unique to what was mentioned above. Through this, you will create content such as blogs, articles, videos, and pictures that will benefit your customers and your target market.
In a sense, this is like a connection or relationship with them. Instead of actually selling something, you are providing the information that will be very beneficial and enriching to them at the same time.
- Email marketing – The name speaks for itself. This strategy uses email to reach their target market. The logic is simple, you will email them with blog offers, discounts, updates, and anything that you want to tell your customers.
You can do this by acquiring emails from a third party or you can just email those who are on your inbox list or those who agree that you can send them an email. If you email someone who doesn’t have any idea of who you or your company are, it will be bad publicity and your email will most likely go to their spam box, and eventually, it will be deleted.
- Influencer or affiliate marketing – Have you ever watched a stream on Facebook? If you do, you must be aware that some have a large number of followers. Your strategy here will be to have an affiliate that will advertise your product or your brand name.
However, you must choose the right affiliate that is related to the interests of your company or product. If you just put your brand anywhere randomly it will look like an apple in a basket of bananas.
- Viral marketing – This kind of marketing can be compared to influencer or affiliate marketing. However, in viral marketing, you go to the videos that are trending online. Those with a lot of views whom you think will be watched by many people.
Your goal here is to place an advertisement for viral videos online. Have you yourself experienced while you are watching youtube then suddenly an ad appears? Sometimes these ads will get you annoyed and sometimes it will trigger your interest and you’ll find yourself looking for this specific product?
That way, you can trigger those who don’t have any idea of your brand. This strategy is used to trigger their curiosity.
- Radio advertising – This strategy uses radio as an advertising tool. Basically what you do here is to advertise your brand through the use of radio frequencies worldwide.
Another option for this is through Spotify music for those who use the non-premium account.
- Television advertising – the same strategy as radio advertising, you need to patiently plan what time your ad will appear on TV commercials and game shows.
- Mobile advertising – This is the advertising strategy that can be versatile in any way. All the strategies above can be done through mobile and considering that every person now has smartphones and spends a lot of time with them, this is the perfect place to display your advertisement online.
How to do digital marketing?
There is no easy way to do digital marketing. It requires careful planning, creativity, good execution, and consistency. There are a lot of digital marketing platforms out there all you need to do is to step on the gas and get started.
In digital marketing, you can do things all on your own if your business is small, but it is recommended that you assemble a marketing team that will execute the things for you if you have a big company.
You will need someone who will plan your marketing strategy, an SEO specialist who will do the keyword research and rankings, a link builder, graphic artist for your visual contents, and writers who do the physical content for you.
When your marketing strategy starts, you need to assess the results of every strategy so you can improve and keep everything that is effective and change the things that are not.
There may be several types of advertising that are available, you just have to find the right
One that will be effective in your marketing campaign.
You don’t have to rush anything. As you were told earlier you need to have a team so you can create something that has a high chance of success.
Remember digital marketing is the modern type of advertising. Being left out is the least of what you don’t want to happen in this innovative world.